Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day everyone. We had a great one. We went to Eupora to have lunch with my mom's side of the family. That is close to where my grandmother grew up and she is the only one of five children that is still living. Great to meet all my mom's cousins (and there are a ton). We go every year and I always meet someone new every year. Charlie loves his mommy and all the attention that he got today.
Love this little boy.
Me and my littlest sister Kendell. We missed you Caroline.
This is my mom's side of the family. (L to R cousin Mitchell, Aunt Carol, mom, cousin Shea, me and Charlie, dad, Kendell and Granny Maxine in front.)(minus Caroline, Matt and Uncle Mitch). There is no way everyone would have all been able to get in a picture since there was about 100 of us.
My grandmother (Granny Maxine). Charlie is her 5th great grandchild. All four of Charlie's great grandmothers are still living.
Me and my mom, the greatest ever.
My dad. Everyone thinks Charlie looks like him. My daddy is eating that up. He refers to him as "my clone" or "big chunk"
Charlie loves his Aunt Kendell. He just laughs and laughs at her. I know he is going to grow up loving both of his aunts.

4 comments:

Ben and Jill said...

I hope you had a wonderful 1st Mother's Day! I got you a card adn even wrote in it, but it is still riding around in the car with me. I keep forgetting to mail it, it must be the pregnancy, of at least let's blame all of my forgetfullness on it anyway! I guess it could also be the constant craziness that is involved in mothering 2 boys! I hope to see you soon! Charlie is getting so big. He is just adorable!!

Celeste said...

Happy Late First Mothers Day! We love you guys. C-

LT (and Max) said...

happy first mother's day emily! charlie really is getting so big! he's such a beautiful baby.
looks like yall had a great time. i know caroline hated not being there!

The Segrest Family said...

happy mama's day!
and yes, charlie is big john's clone!!! i will say it til the day i die!
i want to come see you soon... and squeeze on charlie's little cheeks - i didn't get my hands on him at keifer's - so im ready!