Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Haircut Blues

Yesterday Charlie had his first haircut and it went suprisingly well. Matt went with me because I was just sure that it was going to be a total disaster. He did not cry at all and it was really easy, but last night I had a total breakdown. Charlie was sick over the weekend and yesterday we went to the doctor, and got some medicine to hopefully get rid of the nasty snotty nose. Well I went to give him his last dose of medicine at 10 last night so I had to wake him up. He is a great baby because he wakes up and takes the medicine and just goes back to sleep. After I gave him his medicine I was just holding him and looking at him and he just didn't look like a baby anymore, he looked like a little boy and I think that this was my really first realization that he is growing up right before my eyes. I went upstairs and told Matt how grown up he looked and then I proceeded to tell Matt that one day he is probably going to tell me he "hates" me and that one day he is going to love another girl more than me. Of course Matt just looked at me and I could tell that he was thinking "you are crazy." So with little sympathy and support from my husband I got in the shower and cried some more. It is amazing how a few tears can make you feel so much better. Anyway I never knew a haircut would make me so emotional. Ijust need to take it one day at a time and not take any moment for granted. ( I know my sister (Caroline) is reading this and is totally goobed out. ) Family pic after the haircut.














6 comments:

The Ueltschey's said...

Awww he looks so cute! Emily- you are funny.

Caroline said...

G.A.Y. Just like your face!

theelliottfamily said...

I understand you 100%. Cry on sister.

The Segrest Family said...

awwwwwww! i totally understand too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and you are not G.A.Y. - you are a good mama of a sweet baby boy =)

Caroline said...

All you guys are G.A.Y.

Celeste said...

I must be the G.A.Y. President, b/c I cry evertime he changes in the least big. I cry when packing up old clothes, baby toys, and when he goes up a shoes size. I just keep a pack of tissues in my purse at all times. I will even cry the day Rowe looks at me and actually calls me Mommy instead of daddy.