Sunday, March 04, 2007

Goodbye DAYS!


I usually don't give anything up for lent, but this year I decided that I was going to do it and not cheat. Usually I decided to give up something that is totally unrealistic for me, but this year I have picked something that I really think is do-able. Yes, I have given up Days of Our Lives (aka DAYS). Out of all of my years in college I never seemed to get addicted to this silly show, but since I have moved to Columbus, it has become a total obsession. If I miss it during the day I will usually watch it 10:00 p.m. on the Soap Net. As if that was not psycho enough, if I missed it during the week and at night I would just watch it on Sunday on the Soap Net to catch the day(s) that I missed. So far I am doing ok. Last week I almost had a weak moment while I was working out. It came on the TV just as I was getting of the treadmill, so to avoid the show I ran to the tanning bed. So instead of poisoning my mind with stupid unrealistic stories, I decided to subject myself to skin cancer (and it felt so good).

2 comments:

The Segrest Family said...

you are so funny! i didn't give up anything this year.. i usually give up some type of food... kind of a back handed diet technique....

Jenny said...

i'm a days addict, too. i didn't mean to give up anything this year, but with two little peoples in our house, it looks like i've given up tv, a clean house, a shower, a sit down meal, a...

haha!

oh, and i'm jealous of your tanning visit. i need a tan in the worst kind of way.