Monday, March 26, 2007

The Robert L. Crawford Center

This past weekend we went to Delta State for the Dedication of the Robert L. Crawford Center (my late grandfather). Delta State is where my parents went to college. My dad played baseball and my mom was a cheerleader (such a cute couple). My parents and grandmother helped build this center and my dad chose to name it after his father who he was very close to. It was really neat, my family got to cut the ribbon and we were the first to tour the center. The center consisted o f a museum that was dedicated to Boo Ferris who was my dad's coach at DSU. He played for State in college and then the Boston Red Sox's . I t is a great museum and is going to be used for fans to come and look at during DSU games. The center also holds the concession stand, t-shirt stand and bathrooms. It was really nice. I took lots of pictures of the museum. If you ever get to Cleveland I would definitely recommend going to visit , especially if you are a baseball fan.



This was a the wall outside of the center with the names of players and their accomplishments at DSU. The list that I took a picture of is a list of professional signees. My dad's name is in the center John Crawford-1978-Detroit, pretty cool huh. Kendell said his name was on the wall 6 times for various things. WOW. My name is on the KD Composite at MSU, do you think that compares.


This pic is totally upside down. It is in the museum (not upside down), It is a picture of Fenway park and the DSU field.
This baseball is from 1942 check out the game and score. This is when Boo was at MSU.
Me and Matt
Kendell, mom, and Me. We miss you Caroline.
This is the World Series ring that they gave Coach Boo Ferris in 2004 when the Red Sox's won. I usually don't like rings like this, but it really was beautiful, and HUGE.
Me and Dad.
People touring the Museum.

The Museum.
This is my dad and Coach Boo Ferris when my dad was at DSU. What a HOTTIE.
This is my grandfather, he passed away in 1994. This hangs on the wall outside the center. He and my dad were very close.


This is hangs just below my grandfathers picture.
My mom and dad with Boo Ferris and his wife.
My grandmother, mom and dad.

4 comments:

LT (and Max) said...

how special!!

The Segrest Family said...

how cool emily! i didn't realize how famous big john is!!! that is a really nice building

Anisa said...

very cool...congrats to you all.

Caroline said...

It is times like these that i wish i didnt live so dang far away!

and i love the picture with you and the offical delta drink... RC cola! i would be the only one who notices that! HAHA